[CentOS] Mail has quit working

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Tue Jul 24 01:01:55 UTC 2018

On 07/23/2018 03:39 PM, TE Dukes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mail has come to an abrupt stop. Running C7, postfix and dovecot. Using
> Roundcube as the client.
>
> Mail stopped working Saturday and I cannot figure was has happened. I have
> not touched this server except to upgrade packages. I believe Roundcube was
> updated maybe a week ago but know I was getting mail since then.
>
> Crond is no longer send mail. I checked /var/spool/mail as well as /Maildir
> in home directories. Zero byte files.
>
> Checked all logs and the only thing I could find was  in /var/log/maillog :
> warning hostname localhost does not resolve to address 127.0.0.1
>
> I corrected that by changing inet_interfaces to localhost from all in
> postfix.cf
>
> When I try to log in with Roundcube, it just times out.
>
> I'm stuck!
>
> TIA for any suggestions!!

More information would be helpful to troubleshoot this.  Try sending output from:

postfix status

mailq

Try telnetting to your smtp server and sending a message like this from the local system:
substitute a valid user/domain on the mail from line and a valid email address in your domain
on the rcpt to line. Do this, logged onto the mailserver.

telnet localhost 25
helo mydomain.com (substitute a valid domain here)
mail from: <someuser at validdomain.com>
rcpt to: <youremailaddress at yourdomain.com>
data