[CentOS] Problem with definition of slist in CFEngine

Meikel meikel at fn.de
Fri Jul 27 07:50:06 UTC 2018

Hi folks and Alexander.

 > Any really good reason not to update since nearly 1 year?

There are two reasons, but maybe they are not "good" reasons :-(

First reason is that I'm an admin-beginner with low skills and missing
practice.

Second reason is that the system is brand new but from an 7.4-based DVD.
It is installed via kickstart and CFEngine from an DVD I created based
on 7.4. I'm bootstrapping that machine in an environment where it's hard
for me to have services like DHCP (and TFTP and things like that)
available, I'm not able to receive a kickstart file over network, so I
have the network settings inside the kickstart file which is inside (my
self-apckaged) ISO image. I'm too lazy to create an new kickstart DVD
based on 7.5. I'm getting rid of the system and
reinstalling-kickstarting-cfengining it every some days. It's for
learning purposes.

Maybe I'll create a 7.5 based ISO image and also add CFEngine rules to
update the system (I don't have a strategie for the task of updating the
system at the moment).

Regards,

Meikel