[CentOS] odd popups

J Martin Rushton

martinrushton56 at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 21 17:09:08 UTC 2018

No image found.

This may be due to ABRT.  Expand the details at the bottom of the pop-up
and if the Vendor is "The ABRT Team", then the pop-up is benign.  You
can read problems you have encountered, but if a daemon or any other
user hits a problem you do not have the authority to look at their
processes.

To further check this, go to Applications>System Tools>Automatic Bug
Reporting Tool.  You can look at the "My" tab, but looking at the
"System" tab (for example) will trigger the pop-up.  Enter the root
password (if you know it) and you will see a list of System's problems.