[CentOS] Firefox 60.0.1.0 ESR Progress?

Mon Jul 2 14:31:20 UTC 2018
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 07/02/2018 06:57 AM, Sean wrote:
> Is there a way to track CentOS's progress on RHSA-2018-2113?
>
> https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2018:2113
>
> Thanks!

This is what I do and it works well, script run as root after
downloading compiled tarball from upstream.

------
#!/bin/bash

TMP=`mktemp -d /tmp/ff.XXXXXXXX`
mv $1 ${TMP}/

pushd ${TMP}

FFOX=`echo $1 |sed -e s?"\.tar\.bz2"?""?`

tar -jxf ${1}

chown -R root:root firefox

mv firefox /usr/local/${FFOX}

popd

pushd /usr/local

rm -f firefox && ln -s ${FFOX} firefox

popd

rm -rf ${TMP}
---------

$1 is the FireFox downloaded from upstream (compiled)

Installing it as root means I am safe from malware over-writing bits of
it, but I do have to manually download.

/usr/local/firefox/firefox then starts it - and old versions are
preserved in case something breaks (I just change which one the
/usr/local/firefox link points to - though I almost never have to revert)

It's not RPM but there are too many advantages to newer FireFox for me
to wait.