[CentOS] Where can I find the 6.10 centos-release srpm?

Wed Jul 4 23:35:50 UTC 2018
me at tdiehl.org <me at tdiehl.org>

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018, Phil Wyett wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-07-04 at 16:06 -0400, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where can I find the srpm for centos-release-6-10.el6.centos.12.3.x86_64?
>>
>> I looked in vault and it is not there.
>>

> The 6.10 folder is in place, but we need to give the team chance to upload. I
> would assume it will appear in coming days or alternatively, you could create
> your own from git.centos.org.

Hi,

Yea, I know it will show up in a few days. In the past when I asked, someone
usually provides a url to it so that I can get going with what I have to do.

TBH, Pulling the sources from git.centos.org would be a great way to get the
sources if it worked as per the documentation @ https://wiki.centos.org/Sources
I thought that I had this figured out for C7 by following the above wiki page
but if I pull the sources for the c7 centos-release rpm when I look at the spec
file I see it is for 7.3.1611. If I try to do a git checkout for c6 I get the
following error:

(vgeppetto2 pts14) $ git checkout c6
error: pathspec 'c6' did not match any file(s) known to git.
(vgeppetto2 pts14) $

So at this point in time, I am lost. Can someone tell me what the magic
incantation is to actually get the latest sources?

It would also be nice if it was described how to do this
@ https://wiki.centos.org/Sources so that mear mortals like myself could
understand how to actually use it.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org