[CentOS] C7, just updated firefox, bugs

Fri Jul 13 16:39:16 UTC 2018
Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 09:36:52AM +0200, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 12/07/2018 à 16:36, mark a écrit :
> > I just updated the "critical" firefox update, and it is *seriously*
> > buggy.
>
> I just upgraded Firefox on a sandbox installation, and here's what I
> noticed so far.
>
> 1. On startup, the whole window is black for 1 - 2 seconds, and then
> Firefox displays OK.
>
> 2. Firefox is in english, though my whole system is in French, so I
> guess translation files are messed up.

I can't reproduce your issue.

switching from en_US to fr_FR is just a matter of:
$ export LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
$ firefox
or
$ export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
$ firefox

1) just make sure that you don't have another firefox in the background.
2) the profile manager is in English but the browser starts with the
localised langage.

YMMV

Cheers

Tru