[CentOS] bad text under KDE and C7

Sun Jul 15 05:56:27 UTC 2018
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018, Pete Biggs wrote:
>>
>>> For some reason you say you disliked Gnome - but does Gnome show issues
>>> (they use the same video driver)?
>>
>> No, neither gnome nor gnome-classic.
>
> The black tape has gone away for KDE also.
> Apparently logging out and in again fixed or obscured the problem.
>
>> One of them, I think it was gnome-classic,
>> did videos badly.
>> It was a bit like a shutter came about a
>> quarter way down at about once per second.
>
> I'll try the live CD suggested elsewhere.

I tried the live DVD from which I installed C7.
It would not do videos at all.
It claimed it did not have mp4 codecs.
It made the same complaint about avi and flv files.

How would I go about telling whether C7 decided to do software rendering?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards