[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Wed Jul 18 18:11:48 UTC 2018
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

Andrew Holway wrote:

>>> Still a lot better than trying to run your own hodge-podge of
>>> nightmares on Linux.
>>
>> Beg pardon? Did I make a mistake on the email address? I thought this
>> went to the CentOS general discussion list.
>
> I specifically meant setting up and running email services on linux is
> not for the feint of heart and delivers little real value considering the
> plethora of free and commercial email services available.

So, you'd say a company should use outside email? I would very strongly
suggest that's a BAD idea. For example, when M$ sucked all our local
Exchange accounts to their cloud, I understand (I'm not in that group)
that this was a one-way deal. From a friend, who's a consultant, he was
dealing with a client who'd let M$ do that when they went to Win10, and
trying to get the email down for backups, etc, was a nightmare.

      mark