[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Thu Jul 19 18:33:17 UTC 2018
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2018-07-19, Mark Rousell <mark.rousell at signal100.com> wrote:

> Well said. I feel that too many people today have forgotten (or, more
> likely, never learned) these lessons from history. People give away
> their personal and supposedly private information too easily and, I feel
> certain, will come to regret it (some already have come to regret it).

While I agree with the above, it doesn't really address Johnny's
question, which is which open source calendaring projects can compete
with Google calendar for users' ease of use?  If I give my users Zimbra,
and they hate it, then what?  For simple email use, there are plenty of
clients which can talk IMAP/SMTP to a linux server, but the options for
calendaring (and ''groupware'' in general) are much sparser.

It's a hard question, and each organization needs to weigh their privacy
concerns against their users' requirements.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us