[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Wed Jul 18 16:42:34 UTC 2018
Kenneth Porter <mailken2 at sewingwitch.com>

On 7/18/2018 9:03 AM, mark wrote:
> Based on experience at a number of jobs, Exchange may appear to be easy to
> configure, but as soon as you get past the utterly basic configuration,
> when management or other departments want more, it then becomes a major
> headache.

I like to say that Windows is easier to install and initially configure,
but Linux is much easier to FIX. Things will always go wrong.
Closed-source Windows software hides everything and its GUI often lies
about the true state of what's going on under the hood. Open-source
software can be cracked open and I can dig down to root cause of any
problems. Check out the free support forums at Microsoft. It's pretty
hopeless. Responses to problems with open source software are generally
much more informative. Open source advocates love to show off how they
can fix problems. Closed source engineers aren't allowed to share
solutions with the public. If you really want support, you're going to
have to pay for it. So pay for the product, pay for the support, and nag
them like you own them. Or go with open source and pay a consultant. (Or
a hungry college student.)