[CentOS] bad text under KDE and C7

Sun Jul 22 21:55:04 UTC 2018
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018, Pete Biggs wrote:

> First, check the memory - MemTest86+ is the tool most people use for
> this. Run it on your system and it will highlight memory problems. It
> can be found at www.memtest.org - the precompiled versions are tiny and
> will fit on a floppy (or memory stick or CD).

Ran MemTest86+.
While I was deciding what to tell it,
it started in upiprocesor mode.

After reading about kernel option, tried C7 LIve again.
Got panic again.
Tried again with nosync.
Gpt panic again.
What got C7 to boot was acpi=off and nosmp.

Tried to play the Big Bunny file.
Got fullscreen mode, the first and last images and audio.
No complaints.
Eventaully figured out how to get it out of fullscreen mode.
Big Bunny played without the shutter effect.

The next thing on my list is to try MemTest86+ with SMP.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards