[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Fri Jul 27 22:09:38 UTC 2018
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/25/2018 08:18 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> OK, what you say is true in theory.  However,  in Thunderbird on Linux
> and using Mac clients, etc  .. and certainly on Windows workstation
> clients using outlook .. zimbra does not work well.  It also does not
> work well on people's smart phone calendars. People want their phone to
> remind them of their appointments .. any solution that is iffy doing
> that is just unacceptable in this day and age.

I'm not sure how long it's been available, but Zimbra supports Exchange
ActiveSync.  Windows workstation clients using Outlook shouldn't see any
difference between Zimbra and Exchange, if it's implemented properly.

Personally, I use SOGo (which also supports EAS).  It didn't get many
mentions in the this thread, which is unfortunate because it's *really*
good.