[CentOS] NetworkManager updating resolv.cfg

Maheshwari, Shagun

Shagun.Maheshwari at Harman.com
Thu Jun 21 06:33:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am facing issue stoping NetworkManager to update resolv.cfg, I am using below configuration for eth0 interface:

TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6_ADDR_GEN_MODE=stable-privacy
NAME=eth0
UUID=93b90a46-dab5-4a67-8fd0-fefe8874a8b9
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=no
PEERDNS=no
PEERROUTES=yes
IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
DNS1=<ipv4 address>
DNS2=<ipv6 address>

Also, added dns=none in NetworkManager.conf file.

Whenever I am restarting NetworkManager, resolv.cfg gets updated and only ipv4 nameserver is displaced, whether I am expecting both the ips (ipv6 and ipv4 address to be present in resolv.cfg file.

Any suggestion here, how to achieve that??

Regards,
Shagun