[CentOS] ZFS on Linux repository

Gionatan Danti

g.danti at assyoma.it
Mon Jun 25 21:19:22 UTC 2018

Hi list,
we all know why ZFS is not included in RHEL/CentOS distributions: its
CDDL license is/seems not compatible with GPL license.

I'm not a layer, and I do not have any strong opinion on the matter.
However, as a sysadmin, I found ZFS to be extremely useful, especially
considering BTRFS sad state. I would *really* love to have ZFS on Linux
more intergrated with current CentOS.

 From what I know (and I can go wrong, obviously), while the incompatible
licenses prevent CentOS from shipping it, nothing should prevent to have
a package for enabling *its repository*, better yet the kmod-enabled
one. I was thiking to something as a ZFS SIG, where we can simply issue
"yum install zfs-sig" and have the correct kmod-enabled repository
enabled.

I searched the list but I did not found anything regarding native ZFS.
Any feedback on the matter is welcomed. Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico
email: g.danti at assyoma.it - info at assyoma.it