[CentOS] ZFS on Linux repository

Patrick Brisson patrick.brisson at etinet.com
Tue Jun 26 19:21:30 UTC 2018

I'm using ZFS On Linux with CentOS 6 since almost two years.
http://zfsonlinux.org/
I'm not using it to boot from it or for any vm stuff, but just for storage
disks.

Recently updated to ZOL version 0.7.9.
To install, I simply follow the instructions from this page:
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/RHEL-and-CentOS
Apply the modifications listed in the section "kABI-tracking kmod".
For CentOS 6, after installation, make sure to run the following:
$ service zfs-import start
$ service zfs-mount start
$ service zfs-share start
$ service zfs-zed start
$ chkconfig zfs-import on
$ chkconfig zfs-mount on
$ chkconfig zfs-zed on
$ chkconfig zfs-share on

I played a bit with it on CentOS 7, with older ZOL version 0.7.4.
Again, follow instructions in the section "kABI-tracking kmod".
For CentOS 7, after installation, make sure to run the following:
$ systemctl preset zfs-import-cache zfs-import-scan zfs-mount zfs-share
zfs-zed zfs.target
$ systemctl enable zfs-import-scan

Hope this helps.

Patrick.