[CentOS] VMWare Workstation 14 on CentOS7

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Jun 29 13:16:09 UTC 2018

Hello Phil,

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 08:21:37 +0100 Phil Wyett <philwyett at kathenas.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 07:37 +0200, wwp wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >

> > I'm encountering blocking issues with VMWare Workstation v14/v12 on
> > CentOS 7.
> >
> > The issue is that any Linux guestsystem will get network-disconnected
> > after a short while. I tried w/ brand new guest installs, guests coming
> > from a v12 WS. Tried different guest network settings, I always get
> > disconnected. I found several cases like this on the Web, but couldn't
> > see any working solution yet.
> >
> > My CentOS7 runs 4.9.75-204.el7.centos.x86_64 kernel.
> >
> > On my previous CentOS 6, still alive, v12 works like a charm.
> >
> > Does anyone have experience with this?
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> Hi,
>
> Is the issue the same when running the stock 7 kernel?

No way to boot this hardware with 3.10 kernels, I'm afraid, this was my
first struggle with it (Dell XPS-15 9560). At first with this
configuration, I was running WS v12, which was showing the issue
(periodic network disconnection). Upgraded to WS v14, was not
installing at all at the beginning, since few updates it installs but
the issue is there again.

Regards,

--
wwp