[CentOS] Definitive guide to setting up FTPIS on vsftpd

Wed Jun 6 14:43:33 UTC 2018
Frank M. Ramaekers <FRamaekers at ailife.com>

Well, it was a couple of parameters.
chroot_username had an undefined user, and there was something else that I can't seem to remember.

Best practice is to setup the Explicit FTPS first, get it working then add:

implicit_ssl=yes
listen_port=990

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth Porter
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:36 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Definitive guide to setting up FTPIS on vsftpd

--On Wednesday, June 06, 2018 3:08 PM +0000 "Frank M. Ramaekers"
<FRamaekers at ailife.com> wrote:

> I gave up on the Implicit and configured vsftpd for Explicit, that
> revealed some configuration errors (displayed on the client, Filezilla in
> my case).   I then corrected these errors and switched back to Implicit
> and all is well.

Can you say what was wrong? That might help others who encounter the same problems or help improve the documentation on the settings.

Do you use etckeeper? It puts /etc under git revision control, so you easily check your configuration changes over time. It's pretty easy to set up.