[CentOS] Passwords in plain text

Fri Jun 15 18:36:03 UTC 2018
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2018-06-15, rj coleman <rjcdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only one who just received this email from this group?  Which came with my password in the email in plain text?

This is a standard feature of GNU Mailman.  You can disable the monthly
password reminder in your user preferences (which is the same place you
can change your password, if you are concerned that it was sniffed
during the SMTP exchange).

The Mailman signup page warns you that the password will be emailed:

"You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild
security, but should prevent others from messing with your subscription.
Do not use a valuable password as it will occasionally be emailed back
to you in cleartext."

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us