[CentOS] wildcard certificate

Fri Jun 15 19:15:59 UTC 2018
Scott Gennari <sgennari at simons-rock.edu>

On 06/15/2018 02:37 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all - I am trying to figure out how to add a wild card certificate given
> to me for a CentOS installation.   I have a script that sets up HTTPS so I
> am a little familiar with things - but they provided me two files:
> name_ee.crt
> name_i1.crt

|Hi Jerry,

One is the public SSL certificate file itself and the other is probably
the intermediate CA file. You also need the private key from whoever
created the CSR for your wildcard certificate to be validated. Without
the private key, the wildcard certificate is worthless.

For Apache in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf ... it would look like
something like this:

|   SSLCertificateFile /path/to/name_ee.rt|
|    SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/privatekey.key|
|    SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/name)il.crt
||Scott|