[CentOS] Passwords in plain text

Sun Jun 17 15:52:22 UTC 2018
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I'm petty sure I messed up attributions, so am deleting them.

>> I believe this is a DMARC issue. Yahoo, among other places, has set
>> their dmarc records to p=reject:

>> So, if your mail hosting provider enforces dmarc,(gmail does) and you
>> get mail from a list that doesn't rewrite the headers, and people
>> from places like yahoo post to the list, you'll likely get some form
>> of warning about being being kicked off the mailing list every now
>> and then. The frequency depends on how often people from p=reject
>> places post, and what the settings are for bounce handling of the
>> mailing list in question.

> This is indeed what happened.  An email from yahoo.com.uk caused gmail
> to reject all the mails sent by that user because of the yahoo DMARC
> settings.

Say it isn't so: *An* e-mail, just *one* from yahoo.com.uk
caused every gmail user to have his account disabled.

I'd heard of the DMARC thing with mailing lists before,
but had not known it enabled single e-mails of mass destruction.

> We have now set the mailing list to rewrite headers.  That also has set
> the From: of the email to the Mailing list and not the Original Author.
> The author is moved to the CC: block and you can still easily see who
> sent it and my email client (thunderbird) still does things the same way
> (reply to list sends to the list, reply sends to the  original author).

I'm truly amazed that rewwriting headers is not the default.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards