[CentOS] Imap daemons for CentOS 6 (other then cyrus-imapd)

Thu Jun 21 18:49:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 01:28:38PM -0400, Robert Heller wrote:

> Are there any imap daemons (besides cyrus-imapd).  cyrus-imapd is
> appearently not compatible with postfix + procmail.  I need an imap
> daemon that will work with a postfix + procmail system.

I suggest dovecot if you don't want to deal with Cyrus IMAP, but I can
tell you from first-hand experience that you used to be able to use
procmail to deliver to Cyrus IMAP, using 'deliver'.

However, if you get postfix to deliver directly via lmtp, you can take
advantage of SIEVE to filter your mail, which is quite powerful.  (I
miss it, work migrated to Google Apps and its filters are subpar.)