[CentOS] Imap daemons for CentOS 6 (other then cyrus-imapd)

Thu Jun 21 21:23:31 UTC 2018
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> On 21.06.2018 19:28, Robert Heller wrote:
> > Are there any imap daemons (besides cyrus-imapd).  cyrus-imapd is appearently
> > not compatible with postfix + procmail.  I need an imap daemon that will work
> > with a postfix + procmail system.
> >
> the problem seems to be procmail, I use postfix and cyrus-imapd with no
> problems;

No actually the problem is cyrus-imapd: cyrus-imapd expects all users to use
imap (or pop3) to access their E-Mail. It does not allow for other E-Mail
methodologies, including using local UNIX utilies (eg mail or pine or mh or
other tools like QWK).

I have uninstalled cyrus-imapd and installed dovecot instead.  This actually
works.  dovecot is even happy to use a Let's Encrypt cert for SSL.