[CentOS] [External] Re: Specifying different options for different " smb" type gvfs mount

Tue Jun 26 07:58:47 UTC 2018
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 03:43:56PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
>> Well, I'm not. Or the CentOS machine is not configured for it, anyway. Might
>> be possible to do, but I'm not entirely sure it would be worth the effort.
>
> All you'd need is to use AD's kerberos realm for authentication and
> have a username that matches the AD name.

You need more than that to do it securely, as you need a keytab.

> (And honestly, if you are someplace with AD you probably should be
> using at least the kerberos component, and possibly binding to the
> domain so you can use it's account managemnt too.  You just need
> patient AD admins.)

As long a s you have rights to add machines to the domain, you shouldn't need
to bother the admins at all, unless you need to modify delegation permissions,
which only really affect windows clients anyway.

jh