[CentOS] Semi-OT: ipmitool or ipmicfg: set BMC to use NIC 2

Sat Jun 30 03:11:08 UTC 2018
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> said:
> It's the end of the week, and maybe I'm being dense, but I still don't get
> it: how do I tell the BMC to use eth1? Do I give it eth1's MAC address as
> a gateway?

Choosing the NIC(s) for IPMI is not a general configuration of IPMI;
that's going to be a vendor/hardware specific setting (if it can be done
at all).  Different vendors have different methods of configuring which
NIC(s) have IPMI access.  You won't be able to configure that with
ipmitool; it'll typically have to be set in the BIOS and/or BMC boot
configuration menus.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>