[CentOS] selinux: how to allow access?

Fri Mar 16 21:38:06 UTC 2018
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 16/03/18 18:37, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>> More trolling?
>>
>> Show me a good documentation and/or name good reasons not to disable
>> selinux.  Considering how much trouble it gives, there have to be
>> *very* good reasons to keep it enabled.

Would you turn off your firewall because you don't understand how it
works? Or any security feature for that matter?

Invest a few hours of your life reading the documentation. There are
plenty of good examples listed below.

I've never had an SELinux problem I couldn't solve or work around in 2
minutes. Sometimes figuring out the *right* solution might take a little
longer, but turning it off is very rarely going to be the right solution.

> Useful resources for SELinux:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/SelinuxBooleans
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Security-Enhanced_Linux/
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQqX3RWn0Yw
>
> http://opensource.com/business/13/11/selinux-policy-guide

and don't forget the definitive Red Hat documentation here:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/

SELinux User's and Administrator's Guide at the bottom of the page.
Download it and read it.