[CentOS] RADIUS

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 18:00:43 UTC 2018

> That´s not my problem to solve, but think about it:  You can get a lot more
> information using CCTV cameras, and those are everywhere.  Unfortunately,
> nobody cares, and it´s not like you have a choice.  So why would there
> be any legal issues?

It's called "A Law". Different places have different laws. Different
places have different attitudes towards being lawful.

> I´m surprised that wireless access point controllers, by default, do not
> use the strength of the signal received from a device by three or more access
> points to simply triangulate the position of the device.  Of course, you
> only get the positions of devices relative to access points, but once you
> have that, you only need to use a map of the place that shows all the access
> points and the positions of devices relative to them to figure out where
> everyone is.

I'm surprised you didn't find anything about this on Google - you did
try Google didn't you?

   http://bfy.tw/GtiP

top hit

  https://www.accuware.com/

or this paper

  https://www.technologyreview.com/s/542561/wi-fi-trick-gives-devices-super-accurate-indoor-location-fixes/

OK. I know I said before it was basically impossible - but I hadn't
googled for it then. It just goes to show that asking CentOS admins
about cutting edge WiFi issues is not going to get you very far.

P.