[CentOS] evince

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:46:06 UTC 2018

On 2 March 2018 at 13:58, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 17:55:05 +0000 (UTC)
> Chris Olson wrote:
>
>> Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Three suggestions:
>
> 1. Have you tried atril?  Does it have the same problem?
>
> 2. Can you post a sample pdf somewhere so folks who might know how to fix it can see an example?
>
> 3.  I posted a bug report along with a sample pdf some years back to the evince bug tracker (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/) and the problem pdf rendered perfectly when the next version was released.

Normally I trouble shoot what information is inside the pdf using
pdfinfo and pdffonts from poppler-utils

[smooge at smoogen-laptop ~]$ pdfinfo rhel_5_6_7_cheatsheet_27x36_1014_jcs_web.pdf
Creator:        Adobe InDesign CC 2014 (Macintosh)
Producer:       Adobe PDF Library 11.0
CreationDate:   Tue Oct  7 13:52:29 2014
ModDate:        Tue Oct  7 13:52:29 2014
Tagged:         no
UserProperties: no
Suspects:       no
Form:           none
JavaScript:     no
Pages:          1
Encrypted:      no
Page size:      1944 x 2592 pts
Page rot:       0
File size:      95395 bytes
Optimized:      yes
PDF version:    1.7
[smooge at smoogen-laptop ~]$ pdffonts rhel_5_6_7_cheatsheet_27x36_1014_jcs_web.pdf
name                                 type              encoding
 emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ -----------------
---------------- --- --- --- ---------
IDXHUF+LiberationMono                CID TrueType      Identity-H
 yes yes yes     11  0
IDXHUF+Interstate-Regular            CID TrueType      Identity-H
 yes yes yes     12  0
IDXHUF+Interstate-Bold               TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     13  0
IDXHUF+Interstate-Regular            TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     14  0
IDXHUF+Interstate-Black              TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     17  0
IDXHUF+Interstate-Light              TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     18  0
IDXHUF+LiberationMono                TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     19  0
IDXHUF+LiberationMono-Italic         TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     21  0
IDXHUF+LiberationMono-Bold           TrueType          WinAnsi
 yes yes yes     23  0

This should give you an idea of what it is looking for that you do not
have on the system.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.