[CentOS] Web site not responding with Firefox 52.6.0 (64-bit)

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:00:02 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 02:04:07AM +0000, Richard wrote:

>   503 - Service Offline
>   Slashdot is presently in offline mode. Only the front page
>   and story pages linked from the front page are available in
>   this mode. Please try again later.
>
> whether using Chrome or FF 52.6.0 or the current beta 59.0b14.

I believe I saw somewhere that slashdot is having issues at present.

Ah, googling slashdot having issues brings me this.

We've been having site performance/uptime issues including a DDOS earlier
in the week (Slashdotted?). DevOps working round the clock until we're back
at full capacity. No ETA but hopeful for sometime Saturday. Rumors of our
demise are greatly exaggerated. Thanks for your patience

that was from their twitter page.

https://twitter.com/slashdot?lang=e

--
Scott Robbins