[CentOS] RADIUS

hw hw at gc-24.de
Fri Mar 9 10:46:10 UTC 2018

Steven Tardy wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:
>
>> Apparently Cisco can do it:
>>

>> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/wireless-location-appliance/product_data_sheet0900aecd80293728.html
>

> I was going to mention Cisco WCS which uses wireless “controllers” and
> “lightweight” access points, but seems you’ve found it. Personally used
> Cisco WCS a decade ago . . . being able to give law enforcement a detailed
> map of a building (from autocad file) with a potential stolen wireless
> device triangulated within 5 feet is pretty impressive.
>
> Don’t know if this can handle all of your other/security/guest requirements
> but can 100% handle physical location.

So it would actually work, that´s good to know, thanks :)

Beyond their access points and the controller and a support contract, is
there anything else we would have to get from Cisco to get this to work?

To me, Cisco is basically out of the question because you can´t even get a
firmware image for a new device that arrives DOA because the firmware image
is damaged without having a support contract with them.  That shows they do
not stand behind their products, and they are on the no-buy list.  That doesn´t
even consider the question of how to get a contract and how much it would
cost.  They didn´t even tell me that much.

However, it might be a solution, so I have to bring it to consideration.