[CentOS] xfs file system errors

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:16:47 UTC 2018

On 15 March 2018 at 08:24, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I fix an xfs file system error ?
>
> I searched and it says to run xfs_repair /dev/sda1 - did not work.
> I got an error on boot and the machine dropped into service mode by
> entering the PW. I entered the above command and it said couldnt load
> library...
>
> SO I rebooted, dropped into rescue mode. Again I entered the command above
> and it said teh same thing.something about could not load library

The rescue mode is not the same as an ISO rescue mode. [It is badly
named. I guess the boot time option for rescue mode is trying to mimic
the F8 Windows Rescue ] So it relies on data which is on your working
disk system in order to fix simple problems. If your disk structure is
bad then you need to use an ISO rescue mode.

> What am I missing ? Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Stephen J Smoogen.