[CentOS] How Can I ...

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 15:13:33 UTC 2018

> I've got a WD My Passport Ultra 1TB (USB) plugged into my router...

Have you gone to the drive's web interface on your local net?  (http://[ip
of drive])  It has been my experience that these network storage devices
typically come pre-configured for smb/sftp/(and one other i can't
remember).  The drive itself has a web interface in most cases allowing
you to configure users and permissions.  After you configure (if needed) a
network discovery on the CentOS systems should show the NSD and allow a
connection as you desire.  Mine does a smb connection to my Windows system
while I use sftp on all my Linux systems integrating file share seamlessly
through the NSD.  I don't care to put smb on my Linux machines as it seems
to cause more trouble than it is worth; but, that is just a personal
preference.

My 2 bits,
Fred