[CentOS] mate-terminal crash when using drag-n-drop tabs

Thu Mar 8 11:06:25 UTC 2018
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

We're using mate-terminal (1.16.3) from EPEL on CentOS 7.4 with the Mate
desktop, but mate-terminal crashes when we do the following:

Start mate-terminal, open a tab (File -> Open Tab) then with the left
mouse button drag a tab and drop it in the same terminal window - and
the terminal window crashes ...

I did a bit of Googling, and found this issue reported in earlier
releases of mate-terminal - which was fixed - but no mention of issues
with 1.16.x

However, if I rebuild and install the package from the mate-terminal
1.16.3 SRPM from EPEL, it doesn't crash ...

Which is rather bizarre

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and/or could explain
what might be causing the issue with the binary from EPEL ?

Thanks

James Pearson