[CentOS] RADIUS

Fri Mar 2 03:06:13 UTC 2018
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 03/01/2018 09:26 AM, hw wrote:
> I was asking for documentation telling me how RADIUS can be used, not
> only
> that it can be used.

RADIUS is a backend component of 802.1x and WPA2 Enterprise.  You appear
to be looking for information on how to use those two.  If you look for
documentation on those, you should be able to find what you're looking for.

> The task is to provide wireless coverage for employees and customers on
> company premises.  It is desirable to be able to keep track of customers,
> as in knowing where exactly on the premises they currently are (within
> like 3--5 feet, which is apparently tough), and simpler things like
> knowing
> how long they stay and if they have been on the premises before.

You probably want to capture the WAP logs.  Their location will be best
correlated with the specific WAP they connect to, assuming you have
multiple.  The client MAC address will be your best indication of
whether or not they've been there before.