[CentOS] Squid and HTTPS interception on CentOS 7 ?

Mon Mar 5 19:21:14 UTC 2018
John Ratliff <john at bluemarble.net>

On 2/28/2018 4:23 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running Squid successfully on CentOS 7 (and before that on 6
> and 5), and it's always been running nicely. I've been using it mostly
> as a transparent proxy filter in school networks.
>
> So far, I've only been able to filter HTTP.
>
> Do any of you do transparent HTTPS filtering ? Any suggestions, advice,
> caveats, do's and don'ts ?
>
> Cheers from the snowy South of France,
>
> Niki

I made a video on doing this yesterday on Debian. If you skip the part
about the Debian install and use the CentOS Squid 3.5 packages from the
binary package repo provided by Squid, you should be able to follow the
same directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bogdplu_lsE