[CentOS] Squid and HTTPS interception on CentOS 7 ?

Thu Mar 8 15:45:48 UTC 2018

On 03/08/18 06:09, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 08/03/2018 à 11:30, hw a écrit :
>> The government says you must use squidguard to filter something?
>
> The law in France (Code Pénal, article 227-24) states that a public
> network is not allowed to broadcast messages containing violence,
> pornography or any content contrary to basic human dignity, which is
> theoretically punishable with three years of prison or a 75.000 € fee.

Yes, I was always wondering which is more advantageous for citizens, to
show suicidal bombers/shooters attacks that happen(ed) in France on
public news channels, of not show them as they definitely were acts of
violence. The second will keep French people delusional about safety and
sources of danger in France. But may be advantageous for the government
which can keep pursuing its policies without results of policies (such
violent attacks) questioned by public.

After having said that I have a feeling that the discussion slipped into
politics on this technical list... maybe we should bring things back to
pure technical questions?

Valeri

> So any network that offers public access is required by law to operate
> such filtering. This is the case for schools, town halls, public
> libraries, etc.
>
> How this filtering is achieved is left to the admin for consideration.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator