[CentOS] Install CentOS 7 over serial port on router board ?

Fri Mar 16 13:15:30 UTC 2018
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> I have to install CentOS 7 for a client, to act as cache & filtering
> proxy using Squid.
>
> I'd like to use this piece of specialized hardware :
>
> http://store.calexium.com/fr/systeme-pre-assemble/869-systeme-pre-assemble-rackmatrix-apu-amd-gx-412tc-quatre-coeurs-1-ghz.html
>
> There is no VGA or HDMI video output, just a serial port to connect to,
> and then three NICs and two USB ports.
>
> I've never installed CentOS over a serial console, so I don't even know
> if it's possible in the first place. Has anyone ever done something like
> that ?
>
> Any suggestions ?

Kickstart, and do a non-interactive install.  That's always my preferred
route.

serial, as you've already had suggested.

Set anaconda to provide vnc, then connect to the vncserver
and install using the normal graphical installer just like you would on a
default install.

jh