[CentOS] How insecure is NIS ? Possible alternatives ?

Mon Mar 26 09:59:06 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 26/03/2018 à 10:28, isdtor a écrit :
> In my opionion, there is a serious gap in this area. It's either NIS,
> simple, easy to setup yet insecure, or LDAP/FreeIPA/RH Id management
> server at a complexity at least one order of magnitude beyond NIS.

I gave FreeIPA a spin a while back. I installed it on a sandbox server,
and from what I recall, it pulled in a tsunami of dependencies, and
first thing it wanted to replace my Dnsmasq with BIND... so I didn't
look much further.

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr