[CentOS] Install CentOS 7 over serial port on router board ?

Tue Mar 27 13:48:07 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 23/03/2018 à 16:52, Kay Schenk a écrit :
> Great! Would love to hear more about your experience!

Right, here goes.

So, I got the hardware this morning: Calexium router board with a
quad-core AMD processor, 4 GB ram, 1 TB SATA disk, a serial console and
all the cables.

I have the board connected to a desktop PC running CentOS 7, using an
USB-to-serial adapter.

I installed Minicom, did some basic configuration, and I have a first
success. In Minicom, I can manage to see the CentOS 7 boot menu, and I
can also type some boot parameters.

The next step is to find the right combination of boot parameters so I
can install through the text console. So far, I've had no luck.

Any suggestions ?

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr