[CentOS] tftpd server S not responding

Thu Mar 29 01:15:43 UTC 2018
Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 6:25 PM, Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 3:16 PM Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It is not respoding to A server which is sending the tftp read request
> RRQ.
> >
> > I do see the RRQ packets coming from A to S, but S never responds back
> from
> > a different port Y to A
> >
> > So this part is working fine
> >

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivial_File_Transfer_
> Protocol#/media/File:Tftp-rrq.svg
> >
> > But I do not see any attempts to even send a data packet back in my
> packet
> > capture running on S
>

> Are A and S on different IP subnets?

Yes

> Does S have a second IP on the SAME subnet as A?

No

> Any ASA or other firewalls between the two?

Firewall is set to any any between the two. Also internal firewall is down
Firewall is not seeing any return pkts

> If so this is expected behavior.

I was hoping S will at least try to reply to the RRQ pkt with a DATA pkt
I do not see S is even bothering to try.

A(x) ---- RRQ ---> S(69)   and then I am expecting this S(y) --- DAT 1 -->
A(x)