[CentOS] Samba HOWTO wiki bug: chcon samba_share_t

Earl A Ramirez earlaramirez at gmail.com
Sat May 5 00:35:13 UTC 2018

On 4 May 2018 at 19:49, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:

> On May 4, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 05/04/2018 12:03 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> >> …there is a command down in section 2 that gives an error here on
> CentOS 7:
> >>
> >>     $ sudo semanage fcontext –at samba_share_t /path/to/share
> >>     …noise noise noise…
> >>     semanage: error: unrecognized arguments: samba_share_t
> /path/to/share
> >
> > What is "noise" exactly?  I don't get errors from that command:
>
> The full message is:
>
>     usage: semanage [-h]
>
>                     {import,export,login,user,port,interface,module,node,
> fcontext,boolean,permissive,dontaudit}
>     semanage: error: unrecognized arguments: samba_share_t
> '/path/to/share(/.*)?'

You can check the labels using seinfo -t, below is what I had for samba

   samba_etc_t
   samba_initrc_exec_t
   samba_log_t
   samba_net_exec_t
   samba_net_t
   samba_net_tmp_t
   samba_secrets_t
   samba_share_t
   samba_spool_t
   samba_unconfined_net_t
   samba_unconfined_script_exec_t
   samba_unconfined_script_t
   samba_unit_file_t
   samba_var_t
   sambagui_exec_t
   sambagui_t

I tried a few boxes and I don't get that error

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez