[CentOS] Yum-cron

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 11 15:49:45 UTC 2018

Jon Pruente wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 10:36 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>
>> And there is *NO* reason whatever for a "yum-hourly*. None. This is
>> CentOS, not ubuntu-snapshot-of-the-moment.
>>
>> I don't know if this is from upstream or not, but it's wrong. I mean,
>> even Redmond only pushes out patches once or twice a month, except for
>> critical fixes.,,,.
>
> Are willing to wait up to 24 hours for new security patches, or only an
> hour?

In a work environment? Or production? No way is there going to be an
instant update. In most cases, you need to test whether that update is
going to break things, and that will get you a ton more grief from users
and management.

Even if it's rated "critical", it needs to be tested one predetermined
systems before rolling it out to everyone.

    mark