[CentOS] Centos 7 on Dell Latitude E6500

Rainer Fügenstein

rfu at oudeis.org
Sat May 12 18:55:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

I   tried   to   install  Centos7  x86_64  minimal 1503-01 from an USB
flash drive on my old Dell Latitude E6500 laptop.

boots up in text mode, switches text resolution, writes:

Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen
Reached Target Paths
Reached Target Basic System.

then   hangs   for  some  time,  eventually  starting dracut emergency
shell. log says:

multipathd: sdb: spurious uevent, path already in pathvec
multipathd: sda: spurious uevent, path already in pathvec

interesting:
sdb  is the internal 240GB kingston SSD drive (existing ntfs bitlocker
partition recognized as sdb1)

sda is the write protected USB stick, recognised as CDROM drive.

4GB rom
intel 45 express chipset
mobile intel GMA 4500MHD graphics
intel 5100AGN wifi

what to try next? any additional infos I can give you?

thnx in advance.

--
Best regards,
 Rainer                          mailto:rfu at oudeis.org