[CentOS] Private repository and upgrade to Centos 7.5 (Kernel / GStreamer / Mesa)

Andreas Benzler

andreas at benzlerweb.de
Sat May 12 19:43:18 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

long time ago I wrote my last mail about my personal repository.

The Upgrade went most smoostly. Only need to recompile mesa (enable by
wayland ) and

qt5-qtwebkit-5.9.2-1.el7.centos.src.rpm (missing by epel)
nextcloud-client-2.3.3-1.el7.centos.src.rpm

My current software Setup:

- kernel 4.16.8 (elrepo with some amd switches)
- updated graphic driver stack libdrm / libva 2.1/ amd & intel & nvidia
 (opensource driver)
- gstreamer 10.5 & ffmpeg 2.8.14
- media with vlc 2.2.8 (vlc 3 & ffmpeg3 needs newer compiler)
- mesa  18.0.3 / llvm 6.0

Moved from gnome to Xfwm4 for smoother workflow.

Wayland is untested here.

My WineHQ must be recompiled, that's all is left todo for now. I know
some of my repo
packages are not wayland enabled, but not needed this time.

Totem is mostly unusable this time since mesa 18.0. Got same problem
with Arch Linux. In fact nothing todo
with my software stack. Got vlc by the way.

Everything can be found at:

http://centos.cms4all.org/repo/7/

While everything is my private playground and not a official repsitory
the packages are "hand made" and unsigned.

What's the benefit of this? Everything working as a normal Workstation
on a server stack software. Tested also the
last tombraider from steam....nice gameplay..

The last 2 years nothing breaks realy, when I starded my project:
Centos Multimedia enabled. Still the same drive/installation
with the vodoo software testdrive. No distribution drives that long in
the past.

Sincerely

Andy