[CentOS] CentOS 7.5 (1804) and NetworkManager

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed May 16 12:14:28 UTC 2018

Le 16/05/2018 à 13:55, James Hogarth a écrit :
> Unless you have a really tricky setup with openvswitch or something
> like that it's a bad idea to disable NetworkManager at this point in
> time.
>
> As yourself why you are doing it, and what you are really hoping to
> gain.

I've been a Slackware user for years before definitely moving to CentOS
in April 2017. Those Slackware years have conveyed a deep sense of the
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle. I just remove stuff I have no
use for, for a variety of reasons.

For example, I usually remove firewalld on a fresh installation, since I
prefer a good old iptables script.

But then, I'll just go with the flow and adapt, and if Red Hat decides I
have to use NetworkManager to configure a DHCP desktop client, so be it.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr