[CentOS] Use EPEL without redirection ?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Tue May 22 09:09:25 UTC 2018

In article <3be1bec7-3d50-f8df-7012-982573d9ae80 at microlinux.fr>,
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to deactivate the redirection to a mirror when using
> the third-party EPEL repository ?
>
> Our network uses a transparent HTTP/HTTPS proxy with a local AC. We can
> create exceptions for sites like centos.org or
> download.fedoraproject.org, but whenever we want to install a package
> from EPEL, the mirror redirection causes an error due to redirection.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Firstly in /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo you need to use baseurl instead
of mirrorlist. I assume you are already doing this.

So then you need to do a curl -i to the baseurl (change $basearch to either
i386 or x86_64) to see where it is redirecting you. For example:

$ curl -i http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386
HTTP/1.1 302 Found