[CentOS] Vsftpd vs. iptables firewall script

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed May 23 15:30:31 UTC 2018

Le 23/05/2018 à 16:58, m.roth at 5-cent.us a écrit :
> A suggestion: once you've got the firewall issue dealt with, set selinux
> into permissive mode; *then* you can figure out what it's complaining
> about, while at the same time, your system will be available. Once you've
> fixed those issues, then you can make it enforcing.

This is always my approach. Turns out the solution was rather simple
here. After switching SELinux to permissive mode and connecting to the
server, I did this:

  # sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log

The problem here was that I got a small tsunami of suggestions. But in
the middle of this flood, I got a boolean to set, so on a hunch, I tried
that:

  # setsebool -P ftpd_full_access 1

Turns out this solved all SELinux-related problems. So Vsftp works
perfectly now with my custom Iptables firewall *and* SELinux in
enforcing mode.

Cheers & thanks for all your suggestions.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr