[CentOS] How to build nss-util.i686 on Centos 7 with mock

Martin Vogt martin.vogt at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Fri May 25 14:03:43 UTC 2018

On 05/25/2018 03:13 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 05/25/2018 04:47 AM, Martin Vogt wrote:
>>

>> On 05/20/2018 07:45 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>>
>>> So, you have to have a full i386 build root to build i386 arch packages
>>> .. then only a subset of those built packages are actually used as
>>> multilib packages for x86_64.
>>>
>>> as Nux! said, you have to use the i386 distro to build those.
>>>

>> I have the problem, that in mock shell the file
>> /etc/rpm/macros.dist has a wrong entry in the dist section.
>>
>> This complicates the process, because yum has trouble
>> with dependency tracking.
>>

> You can (and likely should) pass in the %dist either by using this
> option when starting mock:
>
> -D "dist <value>"

I haven't tested this.

> Or by putting this value in your mock config file:
>
> config_opts['macros']['%dist'] = "<value>"

I did this, then the build nspr rpm's have the correct release tag,
which improved the situation a bit.

But when I build nss-util src.rpm it refers to the nspre version
with the old naming scheme and the build stops.

My solution was to build a higher version "1" of:

centos-release-7-5.1804.el7.centos.1.i686.rpm

which contains the correct /etc/rpm/marcos.dist.

(A rebuild with a higher number was sufficient)

Now it seems to work.