[CentOS] Update announcement request - correction...

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat May 26 12:32:52 UTC 2018

On 05/25/2018 03:54 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Albert McCann
> <albert.mccann at outlook.com> wrote:
>>> Related to that, a new kernel was released to the Centosplus repo, kernel-
>>> plus-3.10.0-862.2.3.el7.centos.plus, but perf and python-perf were not
>>> updated for the new kernel. Is this an oversight? perf doesn't complain
>>> about mismatched versions though.
>>
>> "kernel-plus-3.10.0-862.3.2.el7.centos.plus" not ".2.3.".
>>
>> Al McCann
>
> I confirm that perf and python-perf for the latest kernel-plus are
> missing. I suppose Johnny will take care of it soon.

No Idea how that happened.  I'll take a look and get these out in a few
minutes.

> Regarding the announcement of the plus kernel, I think there has been
> no such request so far. But if this is useful/helpful to the plus
> kernel users, I think it should be implemented. Johnny?

My announce script pretty much requires the ability to see a direct
match of SRPM name in the stream errata pages so it will not work as is

.. however, Akemi if you would like to submit an announcement of the
kernel (after I push it and you test it) to the CentOS Announce list,
you can do so and ping me, then I'll approve it.