[CentOS] kickstart leavebootorder

Mon May 14 16:23:52 UTC 2018
Stijn De Weirdt <stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be>

hi all,

we have hosts that we want to pxeboot first, always. with uefi,
anaconda/kickstart always set the freshly installed disk as first
bootdevice and there seems to be no way to disable this behaviour.

the rhel7 docs describe a "leavebootorder" option
(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/installation_guide/sect-kickstart-syntax)

but it doesn't "leave [the] boot order", it still (as described in the
doc) puts the new one on top. it leaves other existing boot entries
alone, in same order; but inserting a new entry on top effectively
changes the order, not sure what they were smoking when they came up
that option name....

does anyone have any tips/tricks to keep hosts booting with pxe first
(besides parsing efibootmgr output and modifying the bootorder after an
install).

thanks,

stijn