[CentOS] Issue with private mirror

Tue May 15 11:58:21 UTC 2018
Eric Germann <ekgermann at semperen.com>

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a situation that has been confounding me for the better part of a week.

I run an internal mirror of a Centos mirror, mainly because I have lots of hosts and low bandwidth.

For my 7.x hosts, since 7.5.1804 was released, when I do a “yum update”, I get the following errors on a number of files.

"Package does not match intended download. Suggestion: run yum --enablerepo=base clean metadata”

I’ve done that.

I’ve done “yum clean all”.  I’ve done “yum clean all && rm -rf /var/cacheyum”

I’ve blown away the 7.5.1804 tree in my mirror and resync’d it and it still does it.

If I change the 7 -> 7.5.1804 symlink to 7.4, yum update runs fine.

I’m confounded.

How can I check the repo data files on my copy against the tree to see where or if it’s blowing up.

Oddly, if I point the host I’m updating at the SAME server I’m mirroring from and do a yum update, it works fine.  Using rsync to update.

Out of Ideas,

EKG